On This Corner: Wall Street
The center of the financial world, Wall Street at the intersection of Broad Street also figured prominently in early United States government — and even in colonial New York. Take a break from the hustle and bustle of Lower Manhattan to hear what happened at this famous location on this brief tour.
- How Wall and Broad Streets got their names
- The site of George Washington’s inauguration
- The building, mistakenly called Federal Hall, with Washington’s statue in front
- The New York Stock Exchange
- The scars of an early terrorist attack