Fort Tryon Park
No wonder John D. Rockefeller, Jr., wanted to build a park on this high ridge, with its commanding views of the Hudson River and New Jersey Palisades! Designed by Frederick Olmsted, Jr., the park features all-season gardens, lush lawns, and dramatic rock formations. Take a walk with us to learn the quirky history of the site. This tour involves inclines and stairs and lasts about 90 minutes. It ends at the Cloisters Museum.
- The tale of Margaret Corbin – a crack shot with a cannon
- Stories of other famous and infamous residents of the area
- The Heather Garden
- Remnants of a Gilded Age estate
- The story of Rockefeller and the park
- History of the Cloisters Museum