400 Years of History in Less Than One Mile
Lower Broadway has streets and buildings that date from our colonial past to the 21st century. The street is like an illustrated history textbook, with the pages out of order. As you walk in the footsteps of George Washington and Alexander Hamilton, you'll see beautiful buildings and hear stories of heroes and rogues.
- The first department store
- A tale about William "Boss" Tweed and extraordinary graft
- City Hall Park – and its storied past
- St. Paul’s Chapel – where President Washington attended services
- Wall Street – and how a major crash was prevented
- The multiple repurposings of Castle Clinton